Princess Attina is a mermaid who first appeared in Disney's 1989 animated film The Little Mermaid. She later appeared in its TV series and direct-to-video sequels The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea and The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning. She is voiced by.
She has an orange tail and wears an orange seashell bra. Her light brown hair is worn piled on top of her head, and she wears an orange five-pointed tiara similar to the golden one Triton wears. In some coloring pages, she sometimes wears hoop earrings on her ears.
The Little Mermaid
She plays only a minor role in the first film. Along with her sisters, she performs in the concert that Sebastian is putting on. Like everyone else, she is shocked when Ariel is nowhere to be found. Afterward, she is seen alongside her other sisters. At the end of the movie, she attends Ariel and Prince Eric's wedding along with her family.
The Little Mermaid II: Return to the Sea
Attina makes a small cameo appearance at the beginning of the film. She attends the christening of her niece, Melody, and is seen in a group shot with her other sisters.
The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning
Attina's largest role came in the film The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Beginning. She is shown as a child, and is introduced as one of the seven daughters of King Triton and Queen Athena. After her mother is killed, Triton bans music from the kingdom, hires Marina Del Rey to be governess to the girls, and puts the girls on a strict schedule. When Attina and her sisters discover that Ariel has been sneaking off to a forbidden music club, Attina and the other sisters join her the next night. However, Triton finds them, and punishes Attina and the others by confining them to their room. However, Ariel is able to help her father remember how good music is, and everyone rejoices over the return of music.
- Her name is a homage to a play that Alan Menken worked on prior to the movie.
- You think she would feel guilty for her mother's death due to that it was her tail that got trapped under the rock so Athena had to go back and save her and was killed.
- Her eyes were blue in the first movie like the rest of her sisters.
- Her tiara, which is similar to her father's crown, may have been a representation of her being Triton's heir.
- In a Disney Princess Magazine there is a comic called Underwater Wedding in which Ursula and her eels try to ruin Attina's wedding and she is referred as the eldest.